Tuesday 20 September 2011

My London Fashion Week Moments


This weekend I've been tearing around catching up with some highlights over London Fashion Week. Shows, party's and spot of djing I have to say there's been some amazing highlights. Giles Deacons show yesterday at the Halls of Justice topped it all off for me, totally camp, dresses with trains trailing (I want one), swan headdresses by Stephen Jones, sexy silver ensembles, 'm'lady' shapes and party puffs.


Prior to that I went to Todd Lynn's show (reviewed for i-D Online) a lovely collection of layered numbers in muted tones.

Todd Lynn s/s 2012

Up at the old Eurostar terminal, Waterloo... I'm a particular fan of Louise Gray who's gaining ground with her colourful and quirky designs. Part bag lady, part mata hari, her assemblage is quirky and original.

Louise Grays goodie bag

Downstairs (same place) Nasir Mazhar's installation of performers grabbed our attention, throughly on a ragga tip Grime MC's Lioness and Shystie gave it verve with a live pa. Nasirs 'must have' caps and bags are unique and stylish!

Nasir Mazhar s/s 2012

On sunday I alas missed Fashion East due to transport problems but I did get to an off schedule show- Blow Presents at St Lukes Church in Old Street. Four new designers showcased, Blow PR are striking out with a taste of what LFW is all about. I reviewed this show for Vice Style go and have a look for a full report!
Eleanor Amoroso

Liberum Arbitrum (Shinsuke Mitsouka)

Fanny and Jessy

Jane Bowler

One of my favorite shows on Saturday was the wonderful Jonathan Saunders at a space he used last season up at Paddington Central. A spacious 2nd floor venue with amazing views, Saunders used neons to light the space. Against a soundtrack of minimal beats his beautiful frocks marched forth. Completely ladylike, demure, just gorgeous. Great after party by the way at Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant at the Bread Street Kitchen, including a star turn from the top hoola hooper in the country Marawa!


Jonathan Saunders s/s 2012

Over at the official home of LFW, Somerset House on the Strand my mates from Sibling knitwear launched there debut ladies range 'Sister' with an installation in the Newgen sheds. Fresh and breezey knitwear in striking candy neo punk colourways, the pink fluffy bolero was a hit with me, I'd probably get it in black though!


Sister from Sibling s/s 2012

I did get a few glimpses of the Basso And Brooke show last Friday, lots of floaty prints, jazzy combinations and clever cutting.



Finally celebrating the launch of the latest issue of Gentlewoman I got to dj along side the lovely Pippa Brookes from Madame Says over in Mayfair on Sunday night...




And that my dears is just about it, although there's a chance I may go to mens day tomorrow to look at young men and... what they're wearing of course!





No comments:

Post a Comment